CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 14, 2011

Osteo what....???

Osteochondroma is a type of benign tumor that consists of cartilage and bone.[1] It is a benign capped-cartilage outgrowth, connected to bone by a stalk. They generally occur at the end of the growth plates of long bones, often at joints. They most commonly form at the shoulder or the knee.

Yes this is what I had removed on my knee on Wednesday. Recovery is going pretty good besides being sore and throwing up on the first day due to anesthesia. Today I am limping around without crutches. But mostly I am just sick of sitting on the couch in the same position. Hopefully things will look upbeat tomorrow because I got Scott some Jazz Phoenix tickets for his birthday and I am bound and determined to go...even if he has to throw me over his shoulder and carry me to our seats (we are still a little uncertain of our fan status with the Jazz now that Jerry Sloan retired)  :(


I am thinking I am going to have a pretty big scar?? Hopefully not! And there really is a knee cap there it's just super swollen.

And I had to post a couple of the pictures from Taycee's last photo session with Tasha Price while we were home in Idaho.  I was so shocked at how many good ones we got because she was not loving the idea of having her picture taken.  But I was very pleased with how they turned out.  Here are just a couple of my favorites.







6 comments:

Cody and Jill said...

Wow natalie that is crazy, i hope all is going better and recovery is quick.

YOUR LITTLE GIRL IS SOOOOOOOOOO DANG CUTE IN THE HER PICTURES OH MY HECK!!!! i love her sitting on the chair with the look i know i look good such a doll

Stan and Jamie said...

Wow, that is a big cut!! I bet it won't be near as bad once all the swelling goes down. I looked at all of Taycee's pictures on facebook and they are all so good! I really like the ones of her in the red with Minnie Mouse, so cute! Keep getting better and you'd better make it to that game!!!

Jessica Taylor Blaine said...

Natalie, I just had an osteocondroma removed on the outside of my right leg the 22nd of Dec. Take recovery slow and you should be fine. My scar has almost gone down to a line. Hope you recover well.
Jessica

Marissa said...

That leg better be better by tomorrow! Have fun at the game. I wouldn't worry about a scar. One, no one will see/notice it on your knee. Two, if there is a scar it will fade, fade, fade away.
Love the pictures of Taycee.

Travis and Mindi Eames said...

Super cute pics of Taycie! She is getting so big! Glad to hear all went well with your surgery! Hope you made it to the game! I bet Scott was pretty pumped!

Eric and Kortnee Johnson said...

OUCH!!! Shantay told me you had surgery! Hope you are feeling better! Your new pictures are SO CUTE too! I hope Jaylee's turn out that well!